Thursday, June 21, 2007

Julian Calleros- Bugs In My Mind


















Bugs in My Mind

Sculpture by
Julian Calleros

July 1-31, 2007
She Said Boom Window Space

372 College Street

Toronto

From Artists Statement:
My personal evolution, how I relate and interact with people, is the motive for the creation of my artwork and the importance of communicating my thoughts. Through the years I have overcome many challenges, which have affected the way I work with materials. The concepts behind my artwork reflect socio-political issues, and reflect raw personal perspectives. My artwork represents bridges between cultures, languages and ideas, as well as the feelings of belonging and displacement.

Julian Calleros is a Toronto-based artist who works encompasses painting, papier-mâché/sculpture, video and photography. He is originally from Guadalajara,
Mexico
.

No comments: